Thursday 19 April 2012

Vectorian V2 Released - Creating Vintage Designs Is Now Easier Than Ever

I'm pleased and excited to announce the release of a totally revamped version of the Vectorian Vintage Pack:   The V2 Vintage Pack.

Check the new Vintage Packs on the vectorian website




A special “Thank You” goes out to all the designers who bought the original Vintage Vector Pack and my other product, The Minicons.  It was your excellent feedback which lead me to release a new and improved version.

The revamp started when a customer noticed some of the frame borders for Illustrator had little gaps between the borders and corners (see examples below). Being a perfectionist myself I knew I could clean these imperfections up.  That lead me to Brian Fuelleman, an Illustrator expert and a Vintage Vectors addict just like me.

Brian volunteered to improve the frame borders.  He did an amazing job!  He checked each one, fixed problems, added corners, improving a lot of aspects.  In addition he gave me a lot of good advice which lead to improvements and a higher level of excellence in other areas of my pack.
When Brian finished his work I thought it would take just a few more days to complete the updates, polish up some other details and ship the new version.

Boy was I wrong!

My work was just beginning.  It took me weeks to achieve this new version.
Why? As I made improvements in every aspect of this pack I saw the opportunity to add more and more stuff and add more value to the pack.

So what's new you may be asking...

See the new features 

Gap problems fixed



Corners added to every border brushes


265 new frame borders


New smart borders


70 new Vintage illustrations


New samples for inspiration



Check this list of improvements:

  • All previous borders have been improved and are now easier to use (Thanks Brian!)
  • All borders now have corners and can be used on a square or rectangular shape.
  • 235 NEW Vector Frame Borders have been added.
  • ”Smart Borders” have been added.  They are a new kind of border for more complex border designs.  They are based on the Illustrator's appearance panel possibilities.
  • 70 NEW high quality Vintage Vector illustrations have been added.
  • All the files have been reorganized to make recall and access easier.
  • All ornaments and borders have been numbered to make it easier for designers to share with customers and designers.
  • Catalogs in PDF for each main part: ornaments, borders, illustrations.  They are in A4 dimension, so you can print it and have a better way to browse it, get inspired and share.
  • Improved the samples provided.  Samples are important to show the way to use the ornaments and to inspire you.  Almost all are historically accurate and picked from genuine Type Foundry catalogs.
  • More samples!  I wanted to show the endless possibilities of the Pack for packaging, stationary and wedding invitations.  By the way, I'm sure you can do better than me, so if you created great designs with the Vectorian Pack, please mail it to me at vincent@webalys.com
  • An improved manual, to be sure that you use the pack at 100% of it's possibilities.

No comments:

Post a Comment